|Page (1) of 1 - 06/12/18||email article||print page|
Stingray and Singing Machine Release Update to the Karaoke Mobile App for iOS(June 12, 2018)
New features include a weekly in-app subscription, curated party mixes, and song queue
Montreal, Quebec and Fort Lauderdale, FL. , June 12, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Singing Machine Company, Inc. (OTCQX: SMDM), the North American leader in consumer karaoke products and most recognized brand in home karaoke hardware, recently released an updated version of Singing Machine Mobile Karaoke for iOS compatible with Singing Machine products with Bluetooth® audio and Stingray (TSX: RAY. A; RAY. B), a leading multiplatform music and video services provider.
This update follows the December 2017 release of a new version of the Singing Machine Mobile Karaoke app for Android.
The updated new mobile app makes singing karaoke at home or on the go more fun than ever thanks to new features, Stingray’s vast library of licensed karaoke songs, and Singing Machine’s karaoke systems.
· Fresh new layout for easier navigation including beautiful and fun category graphics
· Easy-to-read scrolling lyrics, song queue and curated party mixes
· Karaoke music can be amplified by activating Bluetooth® and pairing an iPhone or iPad to any Bluetooth® compatible Singing Machine*, offering a richer, more amplified sound experience
Available for both Apple and Android devices, The Singing Machine Mobile Karaoke app, in partnership with Stingray Karaoke, is free to download from the App Stores and offers complimentary songs.
The entire song catalog of more than 14,000** songs is accessible with an in-app subscription of either US$9.99 weekly or US$14.99 monthly. Current customers are encouraged to update the app on their devices. Customers who purchase individual songs from the Karaoke Store may play their purchased songs on the new mobile app.
· More than 14,000** songs from today and decades past in a number of languages and genres including pop, rock, R&B/hip-hop, Disney, country, Latin, and more
· Songs in the style of today's top-charting artists such as Alessia Cara, Shawn Mendes, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Adele, and more
· Songs in the style of yesterday's legends including Elvis, The Beatles, Bon Jovi, Queen, ABBA, and more
· Browse most popular songs, recent additions, and song charts or search by title, artist or lyrics
· Selection of pre-made party mixes in a variety of themes including “Party Time”, “Karaoke #Hits”, “Disco Party”, “Totally 80s”, and more to start singing karaoke quickly
· Queue up to 100 songs to keep the party going
· Sing along to songs with or without lead vocal (when available)
· Save favorite songs for easy access and view history of songs sung
· High-quality karaoke videos streamed over your mobile network or Wi-Fi to your Android device. Switch to lyrics on black to save on bandwidth costs.
· Songs added regularly
“We are thrilled to introduce a new version of the karaoke mobile app,” said Mathieu Péloquin, Senior Vice-President, Marketing and Communications of Stingray. “The new design is fun and easy, just as a karaoke service should be. As we pursue our partnership with Singing Machine, we are happy to add new features like the song queue and party mixes to the iOS mobile app. We will also continue to license new karaoke songs in the style of today’s top-charting artists and yesterday’s legends to guarantee hours of fun for singers of all ages are sure to have hours of fun.”
“Following the release of an updated app for Android last December, today we are pleased to offer this new version of the karaoke app to our Singing Machine customers with iPhones and iPads,” said Gary Atkinson, CEO of the Singing Machine Company. “We think our customers will love the new design and improved interface and we expect customer engagement will improve as a result of the new upgrade. We’re happy that our customers have access to the best karaoke library available through our partnership with Stingray.”
To download press images: https://brandfolder.com/latest-news/update-to-the-karaoke-mobile-app-for-ios
* Only audio is transmitted to the karaoke machine via Bluetooth®. The lyrics are displayed on mobile devices and tablets, not on the karaoke system’s built-in monitor.
**Number of songs varies by territory.
Stingray (TSX: RAY.A; RAY.B) is the world-leading provider of multiplatform music and video services, and digital experiences for pay TV operators, commercial establishments, OTT providers, mobile operators, consumers, and more. Stingray’s services include audio television channels, premium television channels, 4K UHD television channels, karaoke products, digital signage, in-store music, music apps, and more. Geared towards individuals and businesses alike, Stingray reaches 400 million subscribers (or users) in 156 countries and its mobile apps have been downloaded over 90 million times. Stingray is headquartered in Montreal and currently has close to 350 employees worldwide. For more information: www.stingray.com.
About The Singing Machine
Based in the U.S., Singing Machine® is the North American leader in consumer karaoke products. The first to provide karaoke systems for home entertainment in the United States, the Company sells its products worldwide through major mass merchandisers and on-line retailers. We offer the industry's widest line of at-home karaoke entertainment products, which allow consumers to find a machine that suits their needs and skill level. As the most recognized brand in karaoke, Singing Machine products incorporate the latest technology for singing practice, music listening, entertainment and social sharing. The Singing Machine provides consumers the best warranties in the industry and through its partnership with Stingray, access to more than 13,000 songs for streaming and download. Singing Machine products are sold through most major retailers in North America and also internationally. See www.singingmachine.com for more details.
CONTACT: Contacts:StingrayMathieu PéloquinSenior Vice-President, Marketing and Communications1 514-664-1244, ext. firstname.lastname@example.orgThe Singing MachineBrendan Hopkins(407) email@example.com/investors