|Page (1) of 1 - 02/13/18||email article||print page|
Cloudian Achieves Record Growth for Third Consecutive Year as Customer Count Races Past 200(February 13, 2018)
SAN MATEO, Calif., Feb. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cloudian, the innovation leader in enterprise object storage systems, announced that its bookings from repeat customers grew five-fold, its customer base doubled and revenues were up in every geographic segment across the world in 2017. More than 200 customers currently use Cloudian’s object storage technology to manage their data.
The numbers point to the exploding need for scale-out storage solutions in an era when artificial intelligence, machine learning, IoT, high-resolution video and other data-intensive applications require businesses to manage data that is growing at an unprecedented rate.
In 2017 Cloudian also introduced new products designed to solve two of the thorniest issues confronting storage managers:
- HyperFile extends scale-out capabilities to file storage, which has been hampered by the manageability, cost and scalability limitations of NAS technology
- HyperStore 7 provides companies with multi-cloud capabilities, giving them an unprecedented ability to manage data storage on-premises and in the cloud as a single pool
Key achievements in the last 12 months include the following:
- Grew customer base by 100 percent
- Realized five-fold increase in repeat purchases from existing customers
- Achieved record revenues in every quarter
- Formed strong cloud partnerships with Microsoft Azure and Google GCP
- Signed HP Enterprise as a reseller partner and continued strong OEM relationship with Lenovo
- Extended relationship with Cisco, joined Cisco Media Blueprint for media and entertainment solutions
- Engaged in activities with AI-focused companies, including NVIDIA, Skymind, ABEJA, Xcompass and Axis Communications
- Grew Cloudian team to more than 130 people
- Extended Cloudian EMEA presence with new teams in France, Germany and Italy
- Introduced enterprise-class file management solution
- Launched multi-cloud data management platform
- Earned numerous awards and honors, including Hybrid Storage Product of the Year at the 2017 Storage Awards, placement on JMP Securities’ Super 60 Hot Companies List and recognition on CRN’s Emerging Vendors list
“Throughout 2017, Cloudian delivered record-high revenues in all four quarters by responding to the tsunami of data that modern technologies are creating,” said Michael Tso, CEO of Cloudian. “This growth was accompanied by an equally remarkable growth in repeat customer revenue, which is a testament to our employees’ and partners’ commitment to solving our customers’ expanding need for innovative storage solutions.”
“We see continuously growing demand for Cloudian’s petabyte-scalable object and file storage solutions,” said Jon Mendoza, CTO at Technologent. “Cloudian gives our customers scalability and security without operational complexity, starting on-prem and expanding to the cloud. Their solution is an obvious choice for customers seeking next-generation data management solutions.”
“In 2017, we further expanded our Cloudian deployment in response to our customers’ growing demand for S3-compatible storage services,” said Arthur Oshalmsky, CEO at Federal Hill Solutions. “For two years now, our Cloudian platform has delivered reliable, easily managed storage that lets us meet our customers’ storage needs while filling our business requirement for a cost-effective, scalable solution.”
Cloudian turns information into insight with an infinitely scalable platform that consolidates, manages and protects enterprise data. Cloudian data management solutions bring cloud technology and economics to the data center with uncompromising data durability, intuitive management tools, and the industry’s most compatible S3 API. Cloudian and its ecosystem partners help Global 1000 customers simplify unstructured data management today, while preparing for the data demands of AI and machine learning tomorrow.