|Page (1) of 1 - 01/05/16||email article||print page|
360fly Unveils "360fly 4K" Video Camera at 2016 Consumer Electronics Show
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --360fly, Inc., maker of the world's only, single-lens camera that captures stitchless 360-degree video with interactive and virtual reality viewing capabilities, today unveiled the next generation of its popular 360fly camera. The 360fly 4K is a water resistant single-lens, 360-degree video camera with live streaming capabilities and intuitive filming and editing advancements. It will be on display at the 2016 Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas in booth 10417 Central Hall.
360fly 4K adds a powerful new image sensor that quadruples the resolution of the first generation 360fly camera producing 2880x2880, 360-degree 4K quality. Additionally, 360fly 4K will offer the following upgraded and advanced features:
- Front-Facing Mode: Not all situations require a 360-degree field of view. During those times, 360fly 4K will allow users to record in a 16:9 aspect ratio at 2560x1440 resolution with a field of view of 178x100 degrees (204 diagonal).
- Time-Lapse Video Mode: Tell a story in a dramatic fashion by capturing a 360-degree time-lapse video. Users can select 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 or 60-second shutter intervals.
- Motion and Audio Detection Mode: 360fly 4K will automatically begin to record based off any movement or sounds. This feature is great in surveillance or monitoring situations.
- Accelerometer Activated Record Mode: Not all environments are smartphone friendly, and in those situations 360fly 4K users can activate record mode with a shake of the camera. For instance, a skier without their smartphone may have difficulties pushing the OnePush button with their snow gloves on, so a simple shake of the camera will begin recording.
- Telemetry: 360fly 4K features a built-in GPS sensor to tag locations, a barometer/altimeter and accelerometer all powered by an advanced Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. Users can now track altitude, speed and edit this data as an overlay into their 360-degree video content.
- OnePush Button Color-Coding: For clearer visibility and mode recognition, 360fly 4K features an enhanced design with additional color-coded lighting around the OnePush button and bottom of the mounting dock.
"Based off feedback from current 360fly users and 360fly brand ambassadors, the 360fly 4K camera represents the next evolution of features, like 4K video and live streaming," said Peter Adderton, 360fly CEO. "With the addition of the 360fly 4K camera to the product range we expect to reach new markets and users. The evolution continues as we set our sights on new products and innovations, designed to democratize virtual reality content for the masses."
The majority of VR devices on the market today are purely focused on consumption of VR content and not creation. From day one, 360fly's mission has been to put the power to create immersive personal VR content into the hands of consumers. This is enabled by 360fly's proprietary single-lens, stitchless video technology, but also by its iOS and Android mobile app. Through the 360fly mobile app, users can easily shoot, edit and share content. There simply is no other comparable option for creating and consuming 360-degree immersive video and personal VR content on the market today.
For professional, commercial or advanced users looking to live stream 360-degree video, 360fly 4K pairs with its Micro-HDMI accessory base (sold separately) and is able to output a real-time full 360-degree HD video stream providing a truly differentiated live viewing experience.
Like the original 360fly camera, 360fly 4K comes standard with Bluetooth, built-in Wi-Fi and has up two hours of battery life. Also carrying over is the camera's ability to conveniently share video content direct from the 360fly mobile app to popular social platforms like Facebook and YouTube.
360fly 4K Specs
Shock Resistant up to 1.5m
Up to 2880 x 2880 4K HD video resolution
Qualcomm Snapdragon800 processor featuring up to 2.3 GHz quad-core CPU
360, > 240 FOV, Fixed f/2.5 aperture
Supports 2.4GHzand 5.0GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Compatible with accessories made for GoPro mounts
Android 4.3 or higher
To learn more about 360fly, visit www.360fly.com or follow 360fly on Twitter and Instagram @360fly, and "like" it on Facebook at facebook.com/360fly. MSRP is $499. 360fly 4K is launching with an MSRP of $499, while the current 360fly camera is available at Best Buy stores for $399.
360fly creates unique, 360-degree digital products that inspire users to capture, share and experience life's greatest moments in 360 degrees. Our passion has led us to redefine video capture, because we believe life is too rich to capture just part of it.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/360fly-unveils-360fly-4k-video-camera-at-2016-consumer-electronics-show-300199113.html
SOURCE 360fly, Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Camera, Displays, Video, Digital Camera, Camera Accessories, High Def (HD), Video Editing Software, Camcorder Accessories, Digital Media Software, Communications, Digital Video, WiFi, Digital Audio, Smart Phone, Accessories, iPhone, Accessories, Technology, Accessories, wifi standards, iPods, iphone, Consumer Electronics, Virtual Reality, Display,